Friday, September 19, 2008

New York Fashion Week review

Two designers really stuck out to me in the New York fashion week. First of all my taste is really classy and elegant, so even though there were some really amazing desiges, I tend to be bias towards the romantic pieces.

Calvin Klien's "soft geomentry" dresses really amazed me. They were so elegant, yet futuristic. Even though they were really out of this world they were still wearable. I agree with Astrid Munoz when she descibed his work as "Jackie O in the future". I loved his use of metalics and I am just blown away by how he was able to shape the fabric.

Oscar de la Renta was another designer who I fell in love with. His style has alot of class. I thought everything looked like something you could wear and still look elegant and classy. He never fails to create timeless designs. Rachel Zoe commented, "women should go back to the Jackie O look". I totally agree. I think women should focus on looking elegant rather than edgy. But that is just my opinion.

No comments: