Friday, October 3, 2008

My Design Process


First of all, I would like to say the design you see on your left is not my design. It is just an image I uploaded. I have never actually put my designs on paper because I am such a terrible artist. Even though i do do put them on paper, I still go through a design process.
When I am designing I am usually inspired by all things southern. I love preppy designs. I usually pick pastle colors. For example, I was inspired after watching Gone With the Wind. I took the big antibellum skirt and made it modern by cutting it of at the knees. Instead of puffy sleeves, I made the top of the dress a low cut halter that ties in the back.
To me this design would be popular for a sorority girl who is going to a formal mixer. This dress is very girly, southern, and sexy all at the same time. By wearing this she is not only dressing for the occasion, she is also representing her roots.

2 comments:

sky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Professor Sanghvi said...

I wish I could have seen your design.

I really liked what your ideas for the southern with a twist designs.